Tuesday, September 4, 2012

바 보

I was walking Benes today when I came across a couple with a dog.  (This is pretty rare, most people are terrified of dogs). 


The couple came up and started talking to Benes and they tried to get her to do some tricks.  Benes only knows "sit" in Korean, so "anja."  But Benes ain't the brightest crayon so the guy is going "anja!  anja!" and she was just staring at him with a look of sheer confusion on her face.  Then they tried "hand" or "som" and that wasn't happening either. 

So I patted Benes on the head and said "babo" which means "stupid" in Korean.  I was trying to make a joke like "she's dumb so she can't do tricks."  But the couple thought I meant that her name is "babo."

The guy then starts asking me "where are you from?" and all that.  Then he points to his girlfriend.  "My...girlfriend."  Then, he points to her again but looks directly at me.  "I love you," meaning "I love her."  Pronouns are tough...



So anyway,  I walked away but turns out they were going in the same direction as me so they started after me yelling "BABO!!!!  BAABOO!!!"in attempt to call Benes and get her attention.  I just laughed and laughed.


When we both crossed the street they called to Benes again, convinced she was going the wrong way although I had her on a leash, "Babo!!"



God this was so funny, SO funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment