Monday, March 10, 2014

Dance 수업

This was a hard weekend.  Things didn't go according to plan.  I ended up absolutely exhausted by Sunday night yet couldn't sleep due to a Skype date which was more than welcomed.  The ease of true friendship never lets me down.

Sunday night I hoped to sleep but due to stress I slept very little and I had a very vivid dream where I was cast as a very minor character in a show and my sole line was "many unlucky days."  It doesn't get more Freudian than that.

This morning I went to work and attempted to be in the best mood I could be.  I even listened to "Ain't Nothin' Gonna Break My Stride" and I can't think of a more uplifting song than that.

When I got to my adult class I mentioned my weekend.  I guess I didn't realize how disappointed I was in how it went until I spoke it alound and had to use ever force I had not to cry.  One student even said "Katie, face very red."  Oh no.

The rest of the day was average.  Finally work ended and I got to dance class.  I always look forward to dance class on Monday to see what the new K-Pop song is.  This week no K-Pop.  SINGLE LADIES by Beyonce.  I kinda freaked out.  I've always wanted to learn this dance and I knew in my heart that my teacher chose it because of me.  I'm the only foreigner ever. 

I arrived early to class and I watched the class before me dance to "Single Ladies" and I realized this was our dance.  I felt so happy.  My teacher came out to ask if I liked the song.  I said I was so happy.  I know he did this for me.  Every bad feeling disappeared.  I was so excited.

After work, two dance students took me out to drink.  They knew no English so we spoke Korean.  I've been studying a lot and we got along well.  I was so impressed with myself and so happy to make friends.  And one student confirmed that our teacher chose "Single Ladies" because of me.  

This day started off really bad, but joining dance class has been so inspirational.  I'm such a bad dancer, but it's so fun to try.  The worst day here had become the best day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment