Sunday, March 16, 2014

Don't Ever Make A Plan

I was looking forward to this weekend a lot.  I was going to get a lot of work done on Saturday and go to an island with Esther on Sunday.  Probably stay in Friday night.

Wrong. Wrong.  And wrong.

After we (sadly) finished up Single Ladies in dance class, my dance class friend said that we should go to the sauna on Saturday.  So I said "Hooray!  Let's go."

I drank a lot Friday night and got home at 3.30am.  My friend called me at 10am on Saturday and though I could have slept more we went to the sauna.  As we were leaving the sauna we ran into out dance teacher.  Hilarity ensued.

We drove around and ate and drank beer (before noon, god love Korea).  Then we went to see 12 Years A Slave.  A very SAD SAD movie.  Yet something about this movie amused my two companions.  They chuckled and smiled and giggled throughout while I sat in shock and horror as tears streamed down my face.  I am not understand.

They asked me what my plans were tomorrow in what I thought was mere curiosity.  I told them I was going to go to an island with my friend.  They said "together!"  So together we went.  We drove to the ferry and took the car on the ferry and drove and hiked around the island.  We drank beer all day and ate delicious food.  They do not know barely a word of English.  But we trucked through it.  It was such an unexpected and awesome hilarious weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment